The Club’s business and affairs are conducted by the Board of Directors according to our ByLaws, last updated on October 25, 2018. These By-Laws define the Club’s financial and operating processes, payment schedules, as well as member privileges and responsibilities
Directors, elected by the membership, are appointed by the President to chair the various committees which oversee the Club’s everyday operations. Listed below are the Directors and their responsibilities for the fiscal year – November 1 st, 2020 through October 31st, 2021.
Board of Directors, Committee:
Barry Winter, President & Greens Chairman
David Ross, Vice President
Glenn Hover, Golf Chairman
Kerry Garo, Bar/Kitchen Chairman
Bob Martin Sr., House Chairman
Raymond Raiche, Legal Counsel
Robert Martin Jr.
Henry Bosch, PGA Golf Professional
Jeff Newell, Golf Course Superintendent
Mike Dean, Office Manager
Business Office – (845) 831-1774
Pro Shop – (845) 831-0762
Bar/Kitchen – (845) 831-8890
Web-Site – southerndutchesscc.com
Golf / Course
Except for when it’s been reserved for special events or closed for maintenance, the course is open to our Golf Membership throughout the year. The Golf and Greens Committees plan all golf and course activities and coordinate them with our Golf Professional. The Pro Shop is open from April 1st through November 30 th . The Pro is available for clubcleaning/storage, cart rentals, equipment sales/repairs, lessons, and generally assisting members and guests with any golf related matters. Our active golf season (when scores are to be posted) is April 1st through October 31st . Greens and Cart fees are posted in the Pro Shop and on our web-site.
Golf / Course – Rules:
- No golf may be played before 10:00 a.m. Mondays. This is to allow for maintenance. If there’s a tournament being held or if a Holiday should fall on a Monday, the course may be closed until 10:00 a.m. Tuesday.
- All golf is to begin on the first tee.
- Groups may not exceed four (4) players.
- Each golfer must play out of his or her own golf bag.
- Practicing is not allowed on the golf course.
- Appropriate golf attire is required at all times on the golf course and the practice areas. Jeans, cut-offs, tennis shorts, short shorts, sweat pants, tank tops, tee shirts, fish net shirts, etc, are not permitted. Men are required to wear a shirt with a proper collar. Ladies shirts must either have a proper collar or sleeves. Attire should always be clean, of proper fit/repair, and of good taste.
- Only beverages provided by or purchased from the Club are allowed on the golf course.
- Members who store their golf equipment at the Pro Shop are to remove it prior to its closing on November 30th .
- Children under the age of twelve (12), including Family Golf Members, must be accompanied by an adult while on the golf course. They may not tee-off before 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
- Children between the age of twelve (12) and twenty one (21), including Family Golf Members and Junior Members, must be accompanied by an adult when playing after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays or before 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
- Unless directed otherwise by the Golf Pro or his staff, singles and twosomes may not tee off before 11:00 AM when tee times are in use and must check in with the Golf Pro or his staff before teeing off.
- When tee times are in use, three (3) “back nine” groups will be allowed to make the turn for every one (1) “front nine” group. When tee times are not in use, the rule will be two (2) for one (1).
Golf Guest – Rules:
- Our Golf Guest Rules apply to any individual who’s not a Golf Member or part of a Family Golf membership. Associate and Social Members have no golf privileges.
- Guests are not permitted on the golf course from December 1st through March 31st or at any time of year when the Pro Shop is not open.
- No individual guest is permitted to use the golf course more than twice per calendar month, except that:
- an individual who plays twice during a month, as the guest of a member, may also play (during the same month) in one or more Club sponsored Member-Guest events, or “outside” tournaments. Outside tournaments are those (non-member) golf events, scheduled by the Golf Committee.
- an out of town guest, such as a visiting friend or relative that resides at least fifty (50) miles from the Club, may use the golf course as the guest of a Golf Member more than twice per calendar month. Members are to notify the Pro in advance if they will not be accompanying their out of town guests.
- The member inviting (sponsoring) a guest is responsible for ensuring that they are aware of and conduct themselves according to our rules and policies and that any appropriate fees are paid.
- A sponsoring member is not required to be on the premises while his or her guests are playing golf, unless there are more than four (4) guests. If there are more than four (4) guests playing, the member must be playing in one of the groups.
- A sponsoring member, who will not be accompanying his or her guests, must call the Pro Shop in advance
- All guests are to register at the Pro Shop prior to beginning play.
- With the exception of the Golf Course Superintendent and the Golf Professional, both of whom are entitled to full Family Golf and cart privileges, all other employees of the club:
- are entitled to Family Associate membership privileges
- are entitled to golf twice per week – Monday through Thursday – at no charge (golf carts are not included).
- are entitled to play in our golf leagues or in our single day member tournaments. However, these will count against their “twice per week” limit. In addition to their “twice per week” limit, employees of the Club may play as a Guest of a golf member twice per month and pay regular greens and cart fees.
- No one having forfeited their SDCC membership may play as the guest of a member.
Golf Cart – Rules:
- Unsafe or reckless driving of a golf cart anywhere on the property will not be tolerated.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to operate a golf cart.
- Carts are to be driven in observance of course markings/signage and are to be kept on paths and turnarounds whenever possible. They are not to be driven within 30’ of a putting green, into woods, or close to wet areas whether or not the areas have been marked.
- No more than two carts are allowed per foursome.
Our swimming pools are generally open and attended by lifeguards seven days a week from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Associate and Golf members may use the pools at any time that lifeguards are duty. Lifeguards are employed by the Club. They’re fully trained and authorized to enforce our safety and general pool rules, collect guest fees, and order the pools closed in the event of threatening weather. Guest fees and the hours of operation are posted on our web-site.
Pool – Rules:
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult while within the pool (fenced) area. Parents should remind their children that running, playing with or misusing pool furniture, and generally unsafe conduct is forbidden.
- Children who are unable to swim or that use artificial swim aides must be attended by an adult while in the pool.
- Floating devices (rafts, tubes, boards) masks, snorkels, etc, are not permitted.
- Water sports and games are at the discretion of the Lifeguard.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted within the pool (fenced) area.
- Children under the age of 15 are not allowed in the clubhouse unless accompanied by an adult.
- All members and guests are asked to enter and exit the pool area via the rear gate.
Pool Guest – Rules:
- Our Pool Guest Rules apply to any individual who’s not a Golf or Associate Member or part of a Family Golf or Family Associate membership. Social Members have no pool privileges.
- A guest is permitted to use the pool twice per week (Monday – Friday) and once per weekend (Saturday – Sunday).
- All members and their guests, upon arriving at the pool, are to register and sign in with the a pool committee member.
- It is the sponsoring member’s responsibility to ensure that guests are registered and that the appropriate fees are paid
The bar/lounge, kitchen, and dining room operations are overseen by the House/Kitchen and Bar Committees. All members are entitled to use the clubhouse and may reserve any or all of the facilities for private parties. Contact the Committee Chairman for rates and availability.
Clubhouse – Rules:
- Except that clean jeans and sweatshirts are permitted, the golf course dress code applies to all areas of the clubhouse.
- Foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the clubhouse.
- Pets are allowed on club property under supervision of a member.
- Card playing is not permitted in the bar, on the porch, or in the dining rooms.
- The tampering with thermostats is prohibited.
- Locker room towels are not to be removed from the building.
- Bathing suits are not permitted in the clubhouse unless covered by an outer garment (dress or shirt and shorts). Wet bathing suits and tank tops are not permitted at any time.
- Children under the age of 21 must be under the direct supervision of an adult member when using other areas of the clubhouse. This rule may waived by the Board or the Bar Chairperson for certain special events. Note: When the kitchen is serving, a Golf Member under the age of 21 may be seated at a table in the bar providing he/she is accompanied by an adult member.
- Clean soft spikes may be worn on the carpeted areas of the clubhouse but are not allowed on the hardwood floors.
Clubhouse Guest – Rules:
- Except that a member’s spouse or significant other may use the bar/lounge whenever the member is on the premises, a guest is permitted to use the bar/lounge twice per week (Monday – Friday) and once per weekend (Saturday – Sunday).